Coaches Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend CYO Coach class and Virtus Training
- Model the mission, philosophy, and values of Assumption School.
- Follow CYO rules and standards of behavior.
- Exhibit good sportsmanship.
- Establish realistic goals for each athlete.
- Oversee the safe transportation of students to games/practices.
- Take the emergency kit to all games and practices.
- Return equipment and medical bag used for your sport at end of each season. If any item is not returned, a fee will be charged for the items missing.
- Collect all uniforms end of season. Make sure all are washed and in good condition.
- Turn in awards form to Sport Coordinator for Sports Banquet.
- May take coaching fee of $600 or receive 30 hours of service.
- Assumption School Sports
- Coaches Policy
Coaches are chosen by the Assumption Sports Coordinator and then approved by the school principal.
If a coach wants to coach two different sports in the same school year, they will only be able to do so if no one else steps up.
If we have two parents that would like to coach their child, we will give priority to the parent who has a child in the older grade first (8th and 6th).
The number of tournaments each coach can enter is three for Varsity Sports and two for JV Sports per season. All Track teams, Novice, JV and Varsity will compete in three track meets, plus CYO finals.
A coach has the option to receive the full amount of service hours the school requires or receive a payment of $600.00.
If a coach takes the service hours, their child will not have to pay the registration fee for that sport. If a coach takes the payment their child will need to pay the registration fee for that sport.
If a coach has multiple children playing the sport they are coaching and is taking the 30 service hours, they will not need to pay the registration fees for any of their children.
If a coach has multiple children playing on the team that they are coaching and they are taking the payment, only one child will only be exempt from paying the registration fee, all others will need to pay the fee.
If a parent is allowed to coach two team sports, he/she will be paid for one sport and receive the full amount of service hours for the second sport.
If we have a coach that is not an Assumption parent, they will receive the payment of $600.00 for each team they coach.