AGC Questions and Answers
What is the Annual Giving Campaign?
Tuition alone does not cover the costs of educating our children. The Annual Giving Campaign, Faith In Our Future, raises unrestricted funds that close the gap between tuition and the actual expense of educating a child at Assumption School. The money raised through Faith In Our Future assists in meeting the ordinary and sometimes extraordinary costs of operating the school.
Why does Assumption School need an Annual Giving Campaign?
Our focus is to keep tuition affordable in order to make the school accessible to a broad base of socioeconomic families. A drastic increase in tuition would exclude many families from providing their children with the Catholic, Christ-centered education that Assumption School provides. Faith In Our Future is necessary to provide an alternate source of funds to ensure that the highest quality Catholic education may be secured and made available to all Assumption students.
Your gift reflects your commitment to our mission and to our future
Faith in Our Future seeks to involve all those who have witnessed the legacy of Assumption School, whether in their own lives, the lives of a loved one or someone in the community. Someday, the current students…providing medical care…making products that improve our lives…or helping others through volunteer work. The message of Assumption School will continue to be told through their example. An investment in Assumption School is an investment in the future.
Years ago, Catholic schools were staffed primarily by religious personnel, making tuition artificially low. Today, like most Catholic schools, Assumption School is entirely lay-staffed. With increases in salaries and the costly demands of technology, Assumption relies on the support of the community. Your support will enable us to continue our tradition, while maintaining academic excellence in an atmosphere of spiritual nourishment.
- Your gift is a reflection of your commitment to the practices and traditions of the Catholic teachings and values.
- Your gift will help ensure that Assumption School will continue its present academic, athletic and religious programs.
- Your gift will help fulfill our primary responsibility to provide affordable Catholic education to the children of Assumption.
- Your gift will help maintain a competitive wage for our skilled and caring faculty and staff.
- Your gift will help us to embrace diversity, and to give some level of scholarship funding to families who could not otherwise afford to send their child or children to Assumption.
- Your gift is an investment in the future leadership of our parish and our community.
- Your gift is recognition of the educational support of previous generations.
- Your gift is a tax-deductible donation.
No gift is too small or great
It is not too late to make a donation to our Annual Giving Campaign. Keep in mind that we welcome your gift, no matter the size, and it will also help your child’s class win a pizza party. No one can tell you how much you should give. It is a personal decision that you should make in light of your family obligations. It is our hope that you will make a contribution that will be commensurate with your giving to other causes.
You may be able to double or triple your gift through your employer’s charitable matching gift program. Please check to see if your company offers a matching gift program. If they do they will provide the necessary information to initiate the match.
If you haven’t already, please join us in showing your Faith in the Future. Simply fill out a commitment card available in the school office and mail it with your check to Assumption School. On behalf of the children, we thank you for your commitment to their future.
LEVELS OF GIVING
Please join the Circle of Faith in Our Future.
Circle of Hope $5,000+
Circle of Giving $2,500 – $4,999
Circle of Faith $1,500 – $2,499
Circle of Love $750.00 – $1,499
Your participation in the Annual Giving Campaign will support…
Your gift supports Assumption’s most important objective which is to provide the highest quality education for our students. It is our goal to achieve 100% participation from our school families. Increasing our participation rate increases support from foundations and our potential for grant opportunities. In an effort to encourage your involvement, we are offering a pizza party to the first 5 grades to achieve 100% participation by December 31st. Your child will enjoy the pizza, and your support will enable us to:
- Provide financial aid to students who otherwise would not receive a Catholic education
- Update our classroom and facilities
- Enhance our educational, religious and co-curricular programs
- Provide faculty development to ensure that our teachers are educated on the latest instructional techniques and technology.
Financial commitments from previous years’ campaigns have benefited Assumption School in the following ways:
- Families in need received tuition assistance to send their children to Assumption
- Upgrades to the auditorium including new paint, sound equipment and stage improvements
- Painting of the school exterior
- Installation of air conditioning in all classrooms
- New playground play structure
- Science Lab upgrades
- New lunch tables
- Gym Floor
- Smart Boards in each classroom