COVID-19 Response: Updates & Resources
We pray that God is keeping you and your loved ones safe and in good health. We would like to thank parents, grandparents, and caregivers for your support during this transition. This camaraderie is what has made Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary such a successful school.
- THE SCHOOL GROUNDS ARE CLOSED & WE HAVE TRANSITIONED TO ONLINE LEARNING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- FOR ENROLLMENT INQUIRIES OR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL (626) 793-2089 (REMOTE OFFICE HOURS: M-F 8:00am – 3:30pm)
- CONNECT WITH US ON FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM FOR UPDATES
We appreciate your support!
ABVM Parish Masses, Livestreams & Updates
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR 2020/2021
- ABVM SCHOOL TUITION AND FEES 2020-2021
- APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION 2020-21
- NEW STUDENT ADMISSION PROCESS
- 1st GRADE RECOMMENDATION FORM 2020-21
- 2nd-8th GRADE RECOMMENDATION FORM 2020-21
- KINDERGARTEN RECOMMENDATION FORM 2020-2
- CEF TUITION ASSISTANCE APPLICATION
- INTENT TO RETURN FORM
The school registration for the 2020-2021 school year is open. Registration must be completed online through Gradelink. Registering online will be more convenient for families and efficient for the School and Business Office. Please note that the registration fees, student tuition fees, and Gator fees will be billed through FACTS.
The tuition for the 2020/2021 school year has been increased by 3.7% to cover the salaries and benefits of faculty and staff. There has been a change in the fees. The registration fee is now $250.00 per child. The student fee is $500.00 per child. It includes classroom resources, technology, art supplies, field trips, student insurance, student activities, and yearbook. but excludes emergency kits. Technology support has increased for the school to provide adequate services for the teachers and students. The registration fee will increase to $350.00 if paid after April 30, 2020.
The Eighth Grade has a separate “Graduation Fees” contract which is included in the registration packet. A payment of $150.00 is due upon registration. The remaining balance of $200.00 is due by January 31, 2021.
The Gator Enrichment Program Contract is also included. Please note the changes that have been made to the Gator Enrichment Fees. The hourly morning rate between 7:00-7:40 a.m. is a $5.00 flat fee. As of the 2020/2021 school year there will be only DAILY RATES per student (versus hourly), for afternoon extended day care. However, parents also have the option of registering for an annual contract under a monthly billing plan. (Please refer to Gator Fees in packet)
The Archdiocese Catholic Education Foundation for tuition grants has extended its application for the 2020/2021 school year to April 24, 2020. For further information on applying, please go to the following website www.cefdn.org. Once you have completed the forms and have all the documents needed for review, please return them to the school office. (Due to the closure of the school, please call the office beforehand)
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School is a welcoming community built on faith, unity, and love. Together we will continue to honor its legacy by working together as one to give our students a stellar Catholic foundation and education.
The Archdiocese Department of Catholic Schools has requested that all school families register on FACTS for the 2020/2021 school year. If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or go to FACTS link https://online.factsmgt.
Please see instructions below and attachment for the Registration Checklist.
Log-in to the Parent Portal using your Gradelink login username and password. https://secure.
School ID: 1096
Click the Re-Enroll tab on the left sidebar.
Select one child at a time and start the registration. (click here for checklist)
- Please fill out the fields on each page as completely as possible and press Continue to proceed to the final submission page.
- Your changes are saved automatically as you continue through the pages.
- You may go back to review and correct entries using the Back button or the page buttons above.
- The system will alert you if a required field is missed. To save time, some of the fields will be pre-populated from our current records. Other fields will require a fresh entry, such as all phone numbers, to ensure that our records are up-to-date, accurate, and consistently formatted. You must complete each section before continuing to the next page.
Repeat the same step for another child(ren) under your username.
Please find the EnrollMe tab on the far left column.
Please refer to the Checklist below for completing the EnrollMe.
You will be able to download and /or print your input on the Contract tab.
USEFUL RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES & STUDENTS
- COVID19_School_Guidance_Checklist Revised 2_17
- School Waiver-Assumption 11-17-2020
- PPHD-Reopening Protocol for School K-12
- Appendix A-Steps for Managing Exposures at School
- La County: Department of Mental Health Resources
- Parenting in the time of COVID-19
- Census: Don’t forget to respond, apply online here
- Appendix S – Reopening_SportsLeagues
- Appendix T1Health (1)
- Appendix Z – Reopening_LiveOutdoorEvents
- Appendix Z-1Protocol for Live Events and Performances (Indoor Seated)
- CDPH Guidance for the Prevention of COVID-19 Transmission for Commencement_Graduation Ceremonies
- Public Health Guidance Updates 050321
- Reopening Survey Results (4-21) UPDATED
JOB, UNEMPLOYMENT & FINANCIAL RESOURCES:
- CEF (Catholic Education Foundation) tuition assistance
- Department of Labor: Unemployment, Paid Family & Sick Leave, Workers Safety
- County of LA: Financial resources for residents impacted by COVID-19
- County LA: Unemployment, Disability, Paid Family Leave, Social Services
- Paycheck Protection Program for Small Businesses & Independent Contractors
- CALIFORNIA LIFELINE: subsidized phone service for low income
- LOW COST INTERNET SERVICES
- WATER & POWER Utility Shutoffs Suspended to Help Customers: learn more
- SO CAL GAS Support & Response: learn more
- EDISON Support & Response learn more
REMOTE LEARNING TIPS
Studying at home is not the easiest to do for elementary students. In order for the transition into remote learning to be successful it requires a stable routine that is monitored by a parent or caregiver. The transition will initially be challenging, and many times be frustrating, but with team effort (school, student, parent, and God) it can be done!
Below are some tips to support the students’ performances, but in hopes to also support our parents.
- Work with your home student to set up a routine – a reliable daily schedule that will reinforce this time as a continuation of learning, rather than a break or vacation. Students respond well to stability and structure.
- Bed time should be consistent and remain the same.
- Students in Grades 4-8 Wake up at the same time and be prepared to sign in to the homeroom by 8:00.
- Students in Grades TK-3 Wake up time will vary. Parents are required to sign in their child before the end of the day.
- Students work well in an area with no distractions. Help your student create a designated learning space, one that is quiet, organized, and away from distractions (no TV, no video games, etc.)
- Remind your child on a daily basis the benefits of staying organized, making sure they have supplies for lessons, assist when needed
- Create a visual for their daily schedule
- Students in Grades 4-8 take breaks according to the class daily schedule. (Recess and lunch will remain the same time)
- Engage your child to work with you to establish their academic success plan.
- Hold your student accountable for completing their assignments.
- Check Gradelink on a daily or weekly basis
- Have Patience and Pray!