TUITION ASSISTANCE AND CEF
A primary mission of Assumption School, is to be both exceptional and accessible –– exceptional in educational quality and accessible to all those who seek a spiritually based foundation for their children. To achieve that goal, we have established the Faith in Our Future Annual Fund that provides financial assistance to families in need. To insure good stewardship of these funds, all applicants are required to follow the guidelines below.
Completed Application Deadline for each school year is March 31
General Information for Tuition Assistance:
- Applicant families are required to apply for financial aid through the Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) to be considered for funding under the school tuition assistance program. Only those families who apply to CEF will be considered for tuition assistance.
- Financial Aid is awarded for one year only. Families with continued need are required to reapply each year.
- Families apply online at www.online.factsmgt.com/aid
- If available, non-custodial parent’s financial information needs to be submitted in addition to the custodial parent information
- Applicants are charged a fee (approximately $35) by FACTS Tuition Management to process the application which is paid directly online with the application.
Required Documents to be Submitted to FACTS by the deadline above:
- Parents Income Tax Return including ALL schedules: W2s, 1099s, etc. If parents file separate returns, both are required. Non-custodial tax returns, if available, should be provided.
- A signed 4506-T Form (including names, social security numbers, address, signatures and dates only). This form is called “Request for Transcript” or “Copy of Tax Return”. It means that you are authorizing the school to obtain a copy of your Tax Return directly from the IRS for verification purposes.
- If your current tax return is not yet available, you may submit your previous year tax return. You are then required to submit your current return no later than April 15 of the year after.
- If any discrepancies are discovered in your application, the school will notify you. It then has the right to withdraw any financial assistance.
Process to Determine Awards:
Summary information provided by FACTS, along with IRS verification, is submitted to the Financial Aid Committee for their review. Family names are removed to protect confidentiality and bias. After initial recommendations are made by this committee, the pastor and the principal review the information and the committee recommendations, making final decisions to be awarded. Available funds, number of family applicants, and parish involvement are taken into consideration. Parents may also submit a personal letter if they wish to explain extenuating circumstances. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for any review. Award letters, as well as Letters of Regret, will be mailed or emailed home.
If you are a new applicant after the deadline or have experienced a sudden and unexpected financial hardship, please contact the school Business Office to determine whether any funds are still available.
HELP IS AVAILABLE FROM FACTS – Call 1-866-441-4637 CST Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CEF Tuition Award:
In addition, but separate, from school awards, the Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) provides awards of up to $1,000 for families with children in K – 8th grade. Applicant families are required to meet the financial criteria of being at, or below, federal poverty guidelines, and who, without support, would not be able to afford a Catholic education for their children.
For more information you may go to: www.cefdn.org or call 213-637-7475.
- Cycle 3 – How To Apply For A CEF Award (Reg) – English
- Cycle 3 – How to Setup an Appointment for Zoom Processing – English
- Cycle 3 TAP Application [ENG] (Fillable)
- Cycle 3 – How To Apply For A CEF Award (Reg) – Spanish
- Cycle 3 – How to Setup an Appointment for Zoom Processing – Spanish
- Cycle 3 TAP Application [SPA] (Fillable)
HELP IS AVAILABLE FROM FACTS