COVID-19 Response: Updates & Resources
We pray that God is keeping you and your loved ones safe and in good health. We would like to thank parents, grandparents, and caregivers for your support during this transition. This camaraderie is what has made Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary such a successful school.
- THE SCHOOL GROUNDS ARE CLOSED & WE HAVE TRANSITIONED TO ONLINE LEARNING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- FOR ENROLLMENT INQUIRIES OR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL (626) 793-2089 (REMOTE OFFICE HOURS: M-F 8:00am – 3:30pm)
We appreciate your support!
ABVM Parish News, Masses & Holy Week Schedule
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, all Masses, Baptisms, Weddings, and Funerals are suspended. MASSES WILL BE LIVE STREAMED VIA THE PARISH Facebook@abvmparishpasadena.
PALM SUNDAY: We will be live streaming at 10:00 a.m. There will be no procession with Palms but you can have palms in your homes and we will bless them via live stream.
HOLY THURSDAY: Thursday, April 9th, 2020,
- 8:15 am Morning Prayer
- 7:00 pm Mass
No washing of Feet.
No reception of Holy oil.
There would be no procession with the Blessed Sacrament but there at the end of the mass would be adoration
GOOD FRIDAY: Friday, April 10, 2020
- 8:15 am Morning Prayer 12:30 pm Seven Last Words
- 1:15 pm Celebration of the Lord’s Passion.
- 7:00 pm Traditional Stations of the Cross
- 8:00 pm Celebration of the Lord’s Passion
HOLY SATURDAY: Saturday, April 11, 2018
- 8:15 am Morning Prayer.
- 7:00 pm Easter Vigil.
There would be no Baptism but there will be renewal of baptismal promises.
There is no liturgy of the light. There would be a presentation of the Paschal candle.
EASTER SUNDAY: Sunday, April 12, 2030
- 10:00 am Mass Live streamed.
- The parish office is closed to the public. There is no physical interaction with the office staff. But the phone is open to you from 9 a.m to 4 pm. Mary is there to answer all your calls and respond to your needs.
- Regularly scheduled confession is cancelled. Priests may offer the sacrament of Reconciliation only in danger of death or extremely extraordinary situations.
- Anointing of the sick: Priests are to attend to the needs of those who ask for the anointing of the Sick.
- Baptism: Unless in emergency, the celebration of the Sacrament of Baptism is to be postponed until further notice.
- Weddings, Funerals, and Confirmation are all suspended. Rite of Committal (Graveside) service is still allowed.
For Morning prayers, I would suggest that you download iBreviary on your Phone or Tablet. We will use it for our morning prayer. It is easy to use. We will do the office of Readings and the Morning Prayer. For uniformity sake I would suggest you download iBreviary. There are other apps that do the same but sometimes the translation could vary.
DONATION TO THE CHURCH
- You can mail your envelope or check to the church.
- You can drop your envelope or check or cash (in an envelope) at the mail slot at the rectory office.
- You can do online banking to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish.
- You can donate online through our website.
- Mass Intention: You can still request mass intention. For now, we will celebrate all mass intentions on Sundays.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR 2020/2021
- ABVM SCHOOL TUITION AND FEES 2020-2021
- APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION 2020-21
- NEW STUDENT ADMISSION PROCESS
- 1st GRADE RECOMMENDATION FORM 2020-21
- 2nd-8th GRADE RECOMMENDATION FORM 2020-21
- KINDERGARTEN RECOMMENDATION FORM 2020-2
- CEF TUITION ASSISTANCE APPLICATION
- INTENT TO RETURN FORM
The school registration for the 2020-2021 school year is open. Registration must be completed online through Gradelink. Registering online will be more convenient for families and efficient for the School and Business Office. Please note that the registration fees, student tuition fees, and Gator fees will be billed through FACTS.
The tuition for the 2020/2021 school year has been increased by 3.7% to cover the salaries and benefits of faculty and staff. There has been a change in the fees. The registration fee is now $250.00 per child. The student fee is $500.00 per child. It includes classroom resources, technology, art supplies, field trips, student insurance, student activities, and yearbook. but excludes emergency kits. Technology support has increased for the school to provide adequate services for the teachers and students. The registration fee will increase to $350.00 if paid after April 30, 2020.
The Eighth Grade has a separate “Graduation Fees” contract which is included in the registration packet. A payment of $150.00 is due upon registration. The remaining balance of $200.00 is due by January 31, 2021.
The Gator Enrichment Program Contract is also included. Please note the changes that have been made to the Gator Enrichment Fees. The hourly morning rate between 7:00-7:40 a.m. is a $5.00 flat fee. As of the 2020/2021 school year there will be only DAILY RATES per student (versus hourly), for afternoon extended day care. However, parents also have the option of registering for an annual contract under a monthly billing plan. (Please refer to Gator Fees in packet)
The Archdiocese Catholic Education Foundation for tuition grants has extended its application for the 2020/2021 school year to April 24, 2020. For further information on applying, please go to the following website www.cefdn.org. Once you have completed the forms and have all the documents needed for review, please return them to the school office. (Due to the closure of the school, please call the office beforehand)
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School is a welcoming community built on faith, unity, and love. Together we will continue to honor its legacy by working together as one to give our students a stellar Catholic foundation and education.
The Archdiocese Department of Catholic Schools has requested that all school families register on FACTS for the 2020/2021 school year. If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or go to FACTS link https://online.factsmgt.
Please see instructions below and attachment for the Registration Checklist.
Log-in to the Parent Portal using your Gradelink login username and password. https://secure.
School ID: 1096
Click the Re-Enroll tab on the left sidebar.
Select one child at a time and start the registration. (click here for checklist)
- Please fill out the fields on each page as completely as possible and press Continue to proceed to the final submission page.
- Your changes are saved automatically as you continue through the pages.
- You may go back to review and correct entries using the Back button or the page buttons above.
- The system will alert you if a required field is missed. To save time, some of the fields will be pre-populated from our current records. Other fields will require a fresh entry, such as all phone numbers, to ensure that our records are up-to-date, accurate, and consistently formatted. You must complete each section before continuing to the next page.
Repeat the same step for another child(ren) under your username.
Please find the EnrollMe tab on the far left column.
Please refer to the Checklist below for completing the EnrollMe.
You will be able to download and /or print your input on the Contract tab.
USEFUL RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES & STUDENTS
- La County: Department of Mental Health Resources
- Parenting in the time of COVID-19
- Census: Don’t forget to respond, apply online here
JOB, UNEMPLOYMENT & FINANCIAL RESOURCES:
- CEF (Catholic Education Foundation) tuition assistance
- Department of Labor: Unemployment, Paid Family & Sick Leave, Workers Safety
- County of LA: Financial resources for residents impacted by COVID-19
- County LA: Unemployment, Disability, Paid Family Leave, Social Services
- Paycheck Protection Program for Small Businesses & Independent Contractors
- CALIFORNIA LIFELINE: subsidized phone service for low income
- LOW COST INTERNET SERVICES
- WATER & POWER Utility Shutoffs Suspended to Help Customers: learn more
- SO CAL GAS Support & Response: learn more
- EDISON Support & Response learn more
REMOTE LEARNING TIPS
Studying at home is not the easiest to do for elementary students. In order for the transition into remote learning to be successful it requires a stable routine that is monitored by a parent or caregiver. The transition will initially be challenging, and many times be frustrating, but with team effort (school, student, parent, and God) it can be done!
Below are some tips to support the students’ performances, but in hopes to also support our parents.
- Work with your home student to set up a routine – a reliable daily schedule that will reinforce this time as a continuation of learning, rather than a break or vacation. Students respond well to stability and structure.
- Bed time should be consistent and remain the same.
- Students in Grades 4-8 Wake up at the same time and be prepared to sign in to the homeroom by 8:00.
- Students in Grades TK-3 Wake up time will vary. Parents are required to sign in their child before the end of the day.
- Students work well in an area with no distractions. Help your student create a designated learning space, one that is quiet, organized, and away from distractions (no TV, no video games, etc.)
- Remind your child on a daily basis the benefits of staying organized, making sure they have supplies for lessons, assist when needed
- Create a visual for their daily schedule
- Students in Grades 4-8 take breaks according to the class daily schedule. (Recess and lunch will remain the same time)
- Engage your child to work with you to establish their academic success plan.
- Hold your student accountable for completing their assignments.
- Check Gradelink on a daily or weekly basis
- Have Patience and Pray!
NEW PARISH FACEBOOK PAGE
Visit our new Parish Facebook page for Parish updates: https://www.facebook.com/abvmparishpasadena/
VIRTUAL STATIONS OF THE CROSS
Time: Mar 27, 2020 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Every week on Fri, until Apr 3, 2020, 2 occurrence(s)
Mar 27, 2020 06:30 PM
Apr 3, 2020 06:30 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 501 348 141
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,501348141# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,501348141# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 501 348 141
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/