TUITION ASSISTANCE / FINANCIAL AID
A primary mission of Assumption School, is to be both exceptional and accessible –– exceptional in educational quality and accessible to all those who seek a spiritually based foundation for their children. To achieve that goal, we have established the Faith in Our Future Annual Fund that provides financial assistance to families in need. To insure good stewardship of these funds, all applicants are required to follow the guidelines below.
Completed Application Deadline for the 2017-18 school year is February 28, 2017.
- Financial Aid is awarded for one year only. Families with continued need are required to reapply each year.
- Families apply online at www.online.factsmgt.com/aid
- If available, non-custodial parent’s financial information needs to be submitted in addition to the custodial parent information
- Applicants are charged a fee (approximately $35) by FACTS Tuition Management to process the application which is paid directly online with the application.
Required Documents to be Submitted to FACTS by the deadline above:
- Parents 2016 Income Tax Return including ALL schedules: W2s, 1099s, etc. If parents file separate returns, both are required. Non-custodial tax returns, if available, should be provided.
- A signed 4506-T Form (including names, social security numbers, address, signatures and dates only). This form is called “Request for Transcript” or “Copy of Tax Return”. It means that you are authorizing the school to obtain a copy of your Tax Return directly from the IRS for verification purposes.
- If your 2016 tax return is not yet available, you may submit your 2015 tax return. You are then required to submit your 2016 return no later than April 15, 2017.
- If any discrepancies are discovered in your application, the school will notify you. It then has the right to withdraw any financial assistance.
Process to Determine Awards:
Summary information provided by FACTS, along with IRS verification, is submitted to the Financial Aid Committee for their review. Family names are removed to protect confidentiality and bias. After initial recommendations are made by this committee, the pastor and the principal review the information and the committee recommendations, making final decisions to be awarded. Available funds, number of family applicants, and parish involvement are taken into consideration. Parents may also submit a personal letter if they wish to explain extenuating circumstances. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for any review. Award letters, as well as Letters of Regret, will be mailed or emailed home by June 1, 2017.
If you are new applicant after the deadline or have experienced a sudden and unexpected financial hardship, please contact the school Business Office to determine whether any funds are still available.
CEF Tuition Award:
In addition, but separate, from school awards, the Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) provides awards of up to $1,000 for families with children in K – 8th grade. Applicant families are required to meet the financial criteria of being at, or below, federal poverty guidelines, and who, without support, would not be able to afford a Catholic education for their children.
For more information you may go to: www.cefdn.org or call 213-637-7475.
HELP IS AVAILABLE FROM FACTS