Mission, Roles and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Sports Booster Club is to oversee and support the CYO After School Sports and school-wide fitness initiatives at Assumption School. All monies raised from Sports Fees and Sports Booster Fundraisers is what supports our school sports program. No school money is used.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan fundraisers events to support the sports program.
- Oversees all aspects of the Sports Booster Club.
- Develops rules and regulations to be implemented within the Sports Program.
- Evaluates different sports to be played during the school year.
- Oversees all finances, development of the budget, and fundraising efforts.
- Serves as the liaison between the Sports Booster Club and PTO.
- Seeks the principal’s approval for all actions of the Sports Booster Club.
- Provide direction for the Sports Coordinator.
- Every three years evaluate Sports Coordinator salary and see if budget allows a increase. (Last increase 2009).
- To support school-wide fitness initiatives such as the Gator-Aid Fun Run
- Handles all of the sports financial records.
- Develops the annual budget based on funds available, the projected fundraising plan, and the need for equipment, coaches, referees, etc.
- Collects all monies from sports fees, vending machine, and fundraisers. Completes deposit slips and submits to the office for deposit into the Sports Boosters account.
- School Supplies, Jog-a-thon, Night of Bowling, used uniform sale.
- Responsible for all fundraising events from inception through completion.
- Jog-A-Thon Chairs
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the annual Gator-Aid Fun Run.