Sports Coordinator Roles and Responsibilities
Plan mandatory information meeting for parents.
- Give all coaches information regarding CYO Coaches class and Virtus training.
- “Coordinates sports try-outs.” We do not have try-outs, but teams are cap at certain numbers per each coach’s discretion.
- Organizes all paperwork: permission slips, contracts, emergency forms, proof of insurance, medical forms, and fees.
- Hands out/collects sports uniforms.
- Identify and recruit coaches.
- Coordinates game and practice schedules/inform office of schedule and any changes.
- Secures referees, and have office cut referee checks.
- Secures all sports equipment daily.
- Acts as liaison between the Sports Boosters and the school office.
- Enforces all rules and regulations of the Sports Program.
- Communicates parents’ questions or concerns to the Sport Booster Club.
- Make sure every team has a team parent that will coordinate snack schedule and volunteers to drive.
- Give all sporting event dates to office for web page, calendar, and newsletter.
- Promote sportsmanship among students, parents and coaches.